Magnolia Red Velvet Cupcakes with Sprinkles Cream Cheese Frosting

My sister spoke very highly of the Dean and Deluca red velvet cupcakes that she had tried in New York City. So I decided to make my version of them for a party she was throwing. "My" version is a combination of Magnolia Bakery's cake recipe (also in NYC) and Sprinkles Bakeshop's cream cheese frosting recipe (in L.A.)

I can call this version mine because I doubled the frosting recipe- oh yeah....

I had heard that red velvet cupcakes were tricky to make- so I wanted to find a recipe that was 100% reliable- and this is it. Before you make them-
check out these instructional videos from
Magnolia's own Bobby Lloyd:

http://www.epicurious.com/video/holidays/holidays-valentines-day/1915458794/making-red-velvet-cupcakes/1915433406

and, for tips on decorating and frosting:

http://www.epicurious.com/video/holidays/holidays-valentines-day/1915458794/decorating-cupcakes/1915433408






































































No comments:

Post a Comment